Wednesday 24 March 2010

Herada File - Part 3

Note to readers:
I’m very sorry about the delay but I got tied up in exams and stuff. Please forgive me and continue to read the blog. No more delays expected. This part of the story is dedicated to a few people: Aishwarya Parthasarathy, who claims to be my fan and was the first one to read my story and Shweta Daryani, who helped me in some other writing ventures and actually took the time out to read this story. I would also like to thank everyone who read the other two parts and hope you all enjoy this one. Now on to the story………………….

 SI Gill:

Today is shaping up to be exciting. A father and a son murdered. I wonder who it is? My superior most probably has no clue as to who it is, not that I do of course.

“What do you think, sir?” I said in the car on the way over to the crime scene. “Any suspects?”

“All are suspects, Gill. No one can be narrowed down. Although all have alibis, I’m still very suspicious.”
“Not all alibis check out….”
“Exactly.”
By the time we arrived the crime scene, everybody was there already. That too everyone was in the room where the crime took place! Word of advice from a trained professional : Crime scenes are to be dealt with by police, all non-police are burdens who destroy evidence.
“Whats everybody doing in this room?” I asked. “Doesn’t anybody know that crime scenes should be left to the professionals?”
“Sorry sir.” Said the Principal.
“It’s okay, Mrs. Verma.” Said the CI.
“Actually it’s Ms. Verma, I’m not married.”
“Really?” was that a smile on his face?
“Sir, a dead body.”
“Yes, yes. Looks all clear to me. Stab to the neck. Looks like our killer has a fondness to the neck.”
“What makes you think this is the same guy?” asked Mr. Sen.
“Just a guess. By the way, where were you when this happened Mrs. Gupta?” asked the CI.
“I was with Principal Verma looking at all the old photos of Jai.”
Great now we will have to make the whole alibi list again. Its going to fall on my head only I’m sure.
“Yes, thank you. Ms. Verma, where are the students that are supposed to be residing in this hostel?” asked the CI.
“I told them to stay in their rooms.”
“Good thinking. No reason in giving them nightmares about a crime scene.” Apparently this guy doesn’t know about this generation…. “Tomorrow we will have to take a whole new batch of interviews. This time it will be conducted by Gill alone.”
“What?” I asked. This guy is mad. “Why what are you doing?”
“I have to go to the city and conduct some research. Don’t worry you can handle it here.”
Sure leave me to do the boring interviews while you go frolicking in the city. What an exciting day tomorrow is going to be.

Interviews started and ended as usual. Many anomalies were detected as all the facts were not as given. The principal again refused to cooperate on the whole personal problem concerning Ms. Das. The final conclusions drawn were:
1.      1. People living at the hostel all had alibis for both murders. Some were very suspicious and others were too clean.
2.      2. Personal problem between Ms. Das and Mrs. Verma is still shrouded in mystery.
3.      3. After interview with Jai’s friends, it was found that he was not very liked. According to them, he was very pompous and rude. But this doesn’t qualify for a motive for murder.
4.      4. Relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Gupta was, as much as to her opinion, not that bad. He was a very hard worker and didn’t come home till late 10.
5.      5. Mr. Gupta owned a very successful business in the city by the name of Gupta Exporters Inc. The business could have resulted in many enemies, who could have easily snuck in and killed off the both of them.

By the time my interviews were done, the CI had returned. I asked what the hell he was doing leaving me to those boring interviews…..okay maybe not in those exact words…
“Hello sir. How was the city? Found anything interesting?” ok I’m a bit of a suck up.
“Yes, you can say that. I’m not that sure yet, but I think I know who the killer is……”


Killer’s Mind:
They say in death, all questions are answered. I hope those two got their questions answered. Many may think I had no valid reason for killing a child but then again, who needs a valid reason? The boy was a mere causality on my path to redemption. My only objective for killing the boy was to attract his father to this place. The blade I had reserved for him was thirsty. My inner thirst only grew when I saw the name of the father in the parent’s registry. Plan was set, time was now. No looking back.


No comments:

Post a Comment